Setting Up Your E-mail in Microsoft Outlook
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook
to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on
setting up Microsoft Outlook 2003, but these settings are
similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set
up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the
settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
- In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
- On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select "Add a
new e-mail account" and click Next.
- For your server type, select "POP3" and click Next.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter
your information as follows:
- Your Name
- Enter your first and last name.
- E-mail Address
- Enter your e-mail address.
- User Name
- Enter your e-mail address, again.
- Enter the password you set up for your e-mail
- Incoming mail server (POP3)
- Your incoming server is mail.coolexample.com,
where "coolexample.com" is the name of your
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Enter smtpout.secureserver.net for your outgoing
Click "More Settings."
is an SMTP relay server. In order to use this server to
send e-mails, you
must first activate SMTP relay on your e-mail account. Log
on to your Manage Email Accounts page to set
up SMTP relay. If you do not have SMTP relay set up and
your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allows it, you
can use the outgoing mail server for your Internet Service
Provider. Contact your Internet Service Provider to
get this setting.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings window, select the
"Outgoing Server" tab.
- Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires
- If you did not change the SMTP relay section, select
"Use same settings as my incoming mail server". If you
changed the user name and password in the SMTP relay
section of your Manage Email Accounts page,
select "Log on using" and enter the user name and
password. The following example assumes you did not
change your SMTP relay section in your Manage Email
- Select the "Advanced" tab and change the "Outgoing
server (SMTP)" port to 80 or 3535.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
to find out more about what we can do for your company. We'll
happy to create a winning marketing plan with you.
web marketing,web site marketing,web site promotion marketing,internet web site marketing,web marketing strategy,web page marketing,web design marketing,web site promotion internet marketing,orlando web site marketing,web internet marketing,web site online marketing,web site advertising marketing,web site marketing company,web site marketing plan,web site marketing services,online web marketing,web site marketing uk,web site marketing strategy,web marketing company,successful web site marketing